If you require assistance applying for a Tier 1 (Graduate Entrepreneur) visa, Latitude Law's immigration solicitors have extensive experience in such cases.
What are the requirements for a Start-up visa?
The Start-up visa sits alongside the UK’s new innovator category; in common with that route, it requires an individual to establish that they have a business idea that is innovative, viable and scalable.
- You must receive endorsement from an approved body listed on the government website prior to applying for the visa. The list can be accessed here
- Rules require that the endorsing body remains in contact at 6, 12 and 24 months from the grant of leave; they must inform the Home Office if contact is missed, or if an individual isn’t making reasonable progress with the business
- You must present a credible business plan to the Home Office and endorsing body which demonstrates innovation, viability, and scalability. The start-up route doesn’t require any jobs to be created, unlike the innovator category, and the old entrepreneur route it replaced
- You must hold at least £945 in a personal bank account for 90 days prior to the date of application. This maintenance requirement may be certified by your endorsing body
- You must satisfy the English Language requirement to Level B2 CEFR, which is higher than the B1 requirement in the old entrepreneur category
What are the endorsement criteria?
Before applying for a UK Start-up visa, you will be required to gain endorsement from a specified body. The current list of endorsers is likely to grow as this visa route develops.
All applicants will be required to present a detailed business plan to the endorsing body, alongside any other documentation which is requested to prove that the visa requirements are satisfied:
- Innovation – You will need to display that you’re business plan is innovative, whilst meeting market needs or creating a competitive advantage in an existing market
- Viability – You will need to show you have or are developing the skills to run a successful business
- Scalability – You will be required to present evidence that the business has sufficient growth opportunity through structured planning
How we can help
We have ensured that we are appropriately prepared for the arrival of the Startup visa category, and our experts are perfectly placed to assist you with your application. Even if you’ve been rejected from previous routes, the change in rules could mean you’re now eligible to start a business in the UK through the Start-up route.
Why choose Latitude Law?
Our expert solicitors have extensive knowledge in all aspects of inbound immigration, human rights and nationality law. We have an excellent track record of assisting clients in the most complex cases and issues which can arise from applications, extensions and switching into other categories.
We are proud to have the largest business immigration law team in the North West and are accredited by Legal 500 and Who’s Who Legal. Get in touch with an expert today to begin your journey to starting a business in the UK.
If you need help extending your Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) visa, Latitude Law's immigration solicitors can guide you through the strict eligibility and specified evidence requirements.
If you need help securing a visa through the innovator route, the immigration solicitors at Latitude Law are here to help. We can help you through the application process and provide legal advice and guidance on complex matters, such as appeals.
I shall have no hesitation whatsoever in recommending Latitude Law, which is clearly an extremely proficient unit, exemplified by helping clients with patience, attention to detail and sensitivity in equal measure.
Particular mention is merited to Ms Gemma Wylie, whose professionalism is par excellence. I couldn’t thank her enough.
Me and Fady want to thank you and your team for helping us throughout the past 8 years with Fady's immigration issues and finally getting him to live a life without worries and struggles. We just came back from Egypt where we visited his family after 8 years of Fady not seeing them. This wouldn't have been possible without your help and who knows where we would be today if it wasn't for you helping us.
I cannot recommend Latitude Law highly enough. Their expertise in the area of immigration law has helped our charity navigate quite complex issues and at every point of the process their communication and advice was excellent. We look forward to an ongoing relationship with Latitude Law and highly recommend their services. - Andy Taylor - UK Director of Ellel Ministries
All content on this page was reviewed by Latitude Law and is accurate as of 01/04/2019