If you require assistance applying for a Graduate Entrepreneur visa, Latitude Law's immigration solicitors have extensive experience in such cases.
What are the requirements for a Start-up visa?
The Start-up visa sits alongside the UK’s new innovator category; in common with that route, it requires an individual to establish that they have a business idea that is innovative, viable and scalable.
- You must receive endorsement from an approved body listed on the government website prior to applying for the visa. The list can be accessed here
- Rules require that the endorsing body remains in contact at 6, 12 and 24 months from the grant of leave; they must inform the Home Office if contact is missed, or if an individual isn’t making reasonable progress with the business
- You must present a credible business plan to the Home Office and endorsing body which demonstrates innovation, viability, and scalability. The start-up route doesn’t require any jobs to be created, unlike the innovator category, and the old entrepreneur route it replaced
- You must hold at least £1270 in a personal bank account for days prior to the date of application. This maintenance requirement may be certified by your endorsing body. You may not have to prove this if you have been in the UK with leave in certain categories for over 12 months
- You must satisfy the English Language requirement to Level B2 CEFR, which is higher than the B1 requirement in the old entrepreneur category
What are the endorsement criteria?
Before applying for a UK Start-up visa, you will be required to gain endorsement from a specified body. The current list of endorsers is likely to grow as this visa route develops.
All applicants will be required to present a detailed business plan to the endorsing body, alongside any other documentation which is requested to prove that the visa requirements are satisfied:
- Innovation – You will need to display that you’re business plan is innovative, whilst meeting market needs or creating a competitive advantage in an existing market
- Viability – You will need to show you have or are developing the skills to run a successful business
- Scalability – You will be required to present evidence that the business has sufficient growth opportunity through structured planning
How we can help
We have ensured that we are appropriately prepared for the arrival of the Startup visa category, and our experts are perfectly placed to assist you with your application. Even if you’ve been rejected from previous routes, the change in rules could mean you’re now eligible to start a business in the UK through the Start-up route.
Why choose Latitude Law?
Our expert solicitors have extensive knowledge in all aspects of inbound immigration, human rights and nationality law. We have an excellent track record of assisting clients in the most complex cases and issues which can arise from applications, extensions and switching into other categories.
We are proud to have the largest business immigration law team in the North West and are accredited by Legal 500 and Who’s Who Legal. Get in touch with an expert today to begin your journey to starting a business in the UK.
If you need help extending your Entrepreneur visa, Latitude Law's immigration solicitors can guide you through the strict eligibility and specified evidence requirements.
If you need help securing a visa through the innovator route, the immigration solicitors at Latitude Law are here to help. We can help you through the application process and provide legal advice and guidance on complex matters, such as appeals.
Just to thank you all for the help given with Bodil's EU Settlement Scheme application, which came through in the last few days.
A good friend of ours once said: "People do not employ lawyers because they help; they employ them because they make a difference".
I'm convinced that referral to Latitude did jolt the Home Office into progressing consideration of the application, and it made all the difference.
T & B.
To Gemma and the team, Thank you very much for your amazing job done. You are life savers.
The British passports of my four children successfully reached us this week.
I wanted to thank the Latitude Law Firm for the constant professional support provided to us throughout the process. Your services have been helpful for us at each stage of the process. We would be happy to hire you again in the future for the process of my husband, and would also recommend your firm to others around us.
Lastly, I would like to take this opportunity to appreciate the hard work of Joel Reiss towards the successful completion of our case. His support for all of us from day 1 till the very last day has been commendable. Me and my children are very thankful to him for the smooth execution.
Looking forward to hiring the firm for our next case as well.
All content on this page was reviewed by Latitude Law and is accurate as of 01/07/2021