If you require assistance applying for a Graduate Entrepreneur visa, Latitude Law's immigration solicitors have extensive experience in such cases.
What are the requirements for a Start-up visa?
The Start-up visa sits alongside the UK’s new innovator category; in common with that route, it requires an individual to establish that they have a business idea that is innovative, viable and scalable.
- You must receive endorsement from an approved body listed on the government website prior to applying for the visa. The list can be accessed here
- Rules require that the endorsing body remains in contact at 6, 12 and 24 months from the grant of leave; they must inform the Home Office if contact is missed, or if an individual isn’t making reasonable progress with the business
- You must present a credible business plan to the Home Office and endorsing body which demonstrates innovation, viability, and scalability. The start-up route doesn’t require any jobs to be created, unlike the innovator category, and the old entrepreneur route it replaced
- You must hold at least £1270 in a personal bank account for days prior to the date of application. This maintenance requirement may be certified by your endorsing body. You may not have to prove this if you have been in the UK with leave in certain categories for over 12 months
- You must satisfy the English Language requirement to Level B2 CEFR, which is higher than the B1 requirement in the old entrepreneur category
What are the endorsement criteria?
Before applying for a UK Start-up visa, you will be required to gain endorsement from a specified body. The current list of endorsers is likely to grow as this visa route develops.
All applicants will be required to present a detailed business plan to the endorsing body, alongside any other documentation which is requested to prove that the visa requirements are satisfied:
- Innovation – You will need to display that you’re business plan is innovative, whilst meeting market needs or creating a competitive advantage in an existing market
- Viability – You will need to show you have or are developing the skills to run a successful business
- Scalability – You will be required to present evidence that the business has sufficient growth opportunity through structured planning
How we can help
We have ensured that we are appropriately prepared for the arrival of the Startup visa category, and our experts are perfectly placed to assist you with your application. Even if you’ve been rejected from previous routes, the change in rules could mean you’re now eligible to start a business in the UK through the Start-up route.
Why choose Latitude Law?
Our expert solicitors have extensive knowledge in all aspects of inbound immigration, human rights and nationality law. We have an excellent track record of assisting clients in the most complex cases and issues which can arise from applications, extensions and switching into other categories.
We are proud to have the largest business immigration law team in the North West and are accredited by Legal 500 and Who’s Who Legal. Get in touch with an expert today to begin your journey to starting a business in the UK.
If you need help extending your Entrepreneur visa, Latitude Law's immigration solicitors can guide you through the strict eligibility and specified evidence requirements.
If you need help securing a visa through the innovator route, the immigration solicitors at Latitude Law are here to help. We can help you through the application process and provide legal advice and guidance on complex matters, such as appeals.
I would like to express my most sincere gratitude to Joel Reiss for his amazing service in relation to my visa application.
Reiss was outstanding as a consultant and adviser and my family and I highly value the efforts he took; we are deeply appriciative of his work and knowledge in the legal matters, processes and proceedings. He prepared our application including a covering letter from scratch, which he refined through discussion before making it an impeccable one to refuse. There were a few complicated elements surrounding our application and we believe had it not been for Mr.Reiss and his flawless services together with the expertise of Latitude Law, we would not have recieved our visa.
He was quick in clarifying our queries and made it a point to reply as soon as possible. Even when we had to be away from work, Reiss made sure our application was not interrupted and it could be filed on time. The constant communication and the replies continued even after the application was submitted and the services were paid for all the way till we recieved the decision. We have even been informed of the travel guidelines and quarantine regulations, and I honestly believe the fee we paid did not include these supplementary services.
I would also like to extend my upmost appreciation to Gary McIndoe, the Director, Latitude Law and everybody else at the firm including Jessica Lee for their service and cooperation.
I would not think twice in recommending Joel Reiss and Latitude Law for visa application and allied services.
I am writing this on behalf of the whole family, we would like to say thank you. These two words are such small words for the gratitude and high regard we all hold you in.
Your firm and especially you have been with us throughout the difficult years we have had and you have always been there when we needed picking up, our shoulder to cry on that saw us through with honesty and realistic advice.
I cannot recommend your firm and you enough to people who find themselves at the mercy of a system that at best can be described as confusing.
You have given us back our lives and for that you will always be a cherished member of our family and never forgotten
Many many thanks to you and your team for everything
The Bouameur Family
I shall have no hesitation whatsoever in recommending Latitude Law, which is clearly an extremely proficient unit, exemplified by helping clients with patience, attention to detail and sensitivity in equal measure.
Particular mention is merited to Ms Gemma Wylie, whose professionalism is par excellence. I couldn’t thank her enough.
All content on this page was reviewed by Latitude Law and is accurate as of 01/07/2021