Can family members join me in the UK on an ancestry visa?
What documents are required to apply for a UK ancestry visa?
You must provide the following documents when applying for a UK Ancestry visa:
- A valid passport or other travel documents, with at least one blank page for your visa
- Evidence that you have sufficient funds to support yourself in the UK
- Tuberculosis test results if you’re arriving from a country where the test is required
You must also provide the following ancestry documents:
- Your birth certificate
- A valid marriage or civil partnership registration document if your partner is joining you as a dependant
- The birth certificate of the grandparent(s) for which your application is based on
- Marriage certificates for your parents or grandparents if they were married
- If you or your parents were adopted, you will need to provide your adoption papers
- Documentation providing that you are planning on working in the UK, such as job offers from UK employers or a business plan if you are planning on being self-employed
Please note you may also be required to present additional documentation where requested depending on your individual circumstances.
What is the cost of an ancestry visa?
Who is eligible for an adult dependant visa?