What documents are required to apply for a UK ancestry visa?
You must provide the following documents when applying for a UK Ancestry visa:
- A valid passport or other travel documents, with at least one blank page for your visa
- Evidence that you have sufficient funds to support yourself in the UK
- Tuberculosis test results if you’re arriving from a country where the test is required
You must also provide the following ancestry documents:
- Your birth certificate
- A valid marriage or civil partnership registration document if your partner is joining you as a dependant
- The birth certificate of the grandparent(s) for which your application is based on
- Marriage certificates for your parents or grandparents if they were married
- If you or your parents were adopted, you will need to provide your adoption papers
- Documentation providing that you are planning on working in the UK, such as job offers from UK employers or a business plan if you are planning on being self-employed
Please note you may also be required to present additional documentation where requested depending on your individual circumstances.