About Our Fees
In line with the transparency rules laid down by the Solicitors Regulation Authority, Latitude Law publishes information about typical costs and expenses (disbursements) for various categories of consumer immigration work, with the aim of helping the public make informed choices about who to instruct.
The preparation and submission of immigration applications, and representation in those cases at appeal hearings, is a core aspect of our work.
In our terms of business, which you will receive at the start of your case, we publish hourly fee rates for our professional staff; however, when quoting for work, we normally provide a range of potential fees to cover all work on your application.
We adopt a collegiate approach to our work, which means that lawyers of varying experience, from paralegals to qualified solicitors, may work on your case at different times. We will make clear in our client care letter who is responsible for your file, and we will name the remaining members of the team whom you can expect to know about the progress of your case.
By way of example, we provide the following fee information for common types of case:
- Entry clearance application for a partner / spouse or child – £1800 to £2500 excluding vat; government filing and other fees in this category are typically £2000 to £2500 (no vat is payable) depending on whether priority processing is chosen
- In-country partner extension application – £1800 to £2200 excluding vat; government fees typically around £1500 (nil vat) for standard processing
- Representation at a First tier Tribunal appeal against refusal of partner leave – £2500 to £3000 excluding vat; the court fee is currently £140 (nil vat) for an oral hearing
- Naturalisation or registration as a British citizen – £800 to £1200 excluding vat. Government fees for naturalisation are currently £1300 (nil vat)
- Visitor visa – £1000 to £1500 excluding vat depending on complexity, and in particular whether you have been refused a visit visa before. The filing fee here starts at around £100 (nil vat)
- Tier 1 entrepreneur entry clearance – fees start at £4500 excluding vat; filing fees are currently around £1000 (nil vat)
What services are included?
- discussing your circumstances in detail and confirming whether this is the most appropriate application for you to make and what other options may be available to you
- giving you advice about the requirements of the Immigration Rules and whether you meet the criteria
- if you do not fulfil certain criteria, whether this can be overcome and how
- considering the supporting evidence you have provided
- helping you obtain further evidence (such as medical records and bank statements), including taking statements of any witnesses
- preparing your application and submitting it on your behalf
- giving you advice about the outcome of the application and any further steps you need to take
Disbursements are costs related to your matter that are payable to third parties, such as visa fees, interpreter fees, medical and other expert reports. We will always provide you with a quote for such services before incurring costs on your behalf.
Remember the costs quoted here do not include:
- Any Home Office fees for making the application. You will pay this to the Home Office directly as part of the application process.
Where the Home Office refuse your application, advice and assistance in relation to any appeal
How long will my application take?
We cannot guarantee how long the Home Office will take to process your application. Read the current processing times.
When we take your instructions we will estimate how long your application may take to prepare and submit. For example, a typical spouse entry clearance application can be prepared in 4-6 weeks, so long as you are able to provide supporting evidence promptly.
If you would like information about how we will handle your case, and the fees we charge, please call us on 0161 234 6800 (Manchester) or 0151 305 9600 (Liverpool)