We are recruiting for a Caseworker to join our team in Manchester.
The post-holder will provide efficient and effective legal advice, assistance and representation for privately funded clients, maintaining the highest standards of professional expertise and client care at all times. The post-holder will be expected to make every effort to obtain the best result for the client, to be accessible to their clients and maintain regular and appropriate contact with them. They will also be expected to deal considerately and effectively with people from different backgrounds and cultures. They can expect to conduct delegated and routine work on files under the supervision of a Solicitor in the following areas of immigration law:
* Work & Study in the UK
* Family Visits and Settlement
* Deportation Appeals
* Sponsor Licensing for Businesses and Educational Institutions
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Handle a general immigration caseload, ranging from initial one-off advice to higher court review and appeal work, with appropriate supervision and training.
2. Deal with correspondence and telephone enquiries.
3. Provide clear, accurate, and realistic immigration law advice to clients, both verbally and in writing and appropriately manage client’s expectations.
4. Maintain proper diary systems ie court and tribunal dates and timetables set by the courts / tribunals.
5. Brief Counsel where necessary / appropriate.
6. Prepare and draft applications to the Tribunal and higher courts.
7. Meet chargeable time and financial targets.
8. Time recording using case management system.
9. Attending staff meetings and fee-earner meetings as required.
The salary will be £18,000 plus discretionary bonus and pension scheme. Please email our Practice Manager Claire Livesey; email@example.com for an application form.