I need financial assistance but my visa does not allow me to access public funds. What can I do?

If you are not currently allowed to claim financial support but need to, you may be able to make an application to change the conditions of your leave to allow access to public funds.

You may qualify for an amendment to your conditions of leave if you’re destitute or there are exceptional reasons in your case relating to your financial circumstances or the welfare of your child.

You will need to make an online application to the Home Office and provide evidence of your circumstances. UKVI have promised that caseworkers will consider applications promptly but there is no standard waiting time for a decision.

Note: These applications are invasive and the Home Office will seek to review every aspect of your finances and the finances of those who might support you. Proper preparation is key as it is always hard to show that financial support is not available from third parties.