Does the NHS bereavement scheme apply to me?

If you have lost a family member to Coronavirus, and they were an NHS or health or social care worker, you may be eligible for indefinite leave to remain free of charge.

Family members who are covered by this scheme include spouse, civil partner, or unmarried partner, and children who are either currently under 18, or who are over 18 and previously held leave as a dependent child.  The scheme applies to those who hold valid leave, and are not eligible for the EU Settlement Scheme. You do not need to apply for this scheme; if you are eligible you should be contacted.

If you are a family member not covered by the above, or your leave has expired, you may still be eligible, if exceptional circumstances apply. If you believe you may be eligible but haven’t been contacted, you can contact UKVI at