Can I apply in a different country to that of my nationality?

If you are applying for a visit visa, you can apply from any UK VAC. For any other UK visa you should apply from the country where you live. If the Visa Centre in your country of residence is closed, you can apply from another country provided you have permission to go to that country for the appointment.