What happens if a relationship ends and you’re in the UK on a spouse visa?

If you are granted a spouse visa, but then the relationship ends, you must either apply for a new visa or leave the UK with immediate effect. The most common routes for migrants in this situation is to apply for a UK work visa, leave to remain as the parent of a British child, or leave based on your private life in the UK.