What happens if a sponsor licence application is refused?
It will depend on why your Sponsor Licence application was refused as to the next steps from the Home Office. For example, if you have made a genuine mistake on your application, the Home Office will often refund your application fee and ask you to resubmit your application.
However, if any of the following are true, you will be required to wait at least 6 months before you can re-apply and won’t be eligible for a refund:
- You purposely submitted false documentation
- You don’t comply with sponsorship duties
- You don’t meet the conditions to be a sponsor in the category you applied
- You do not currently trade in the UK
- You are prohibited from becoming the director of a UK company