What documents must be provided when applying for a child visa?

If the child is born outside of the UK, the most common document you need to provide when applying to the Home Office are: 

  • Valid passport with at least one empty page. 
  • Proof of financial requirements, where relevant. 
  • Proof of relationship with a UK residing parent or the parents you are accompanying. 
  • Proof of residence. 

You may also be required to provide tuberculous test results if you are from a country where you have to take the test.