Can I work a second job on a Sportsperson visa? 

You can take up supplementary employment, as long as it is: 

  • in either a job which is included on the Shortage Occupation List, or a job in the same profession, and at the same professional level, as the work for which your Certificate of Sponsorship was assigned; and 
  • no more than 20 hours per week; and 
  • outside of the normal working hours for which your Certificate of Sponsorship was assigned. 

If you wish to undertake additional work not covered by supplementary or voluntary work you will need to obtain prior authorisation first. Any secondary employment must be with a licensed sponsor and you will need a new Certificate of Sponsorship from that sponsor. This application will be considered separately from your first application and must meet the full worker visa criteria by itself. You must meet all the points requirements, which may include your new sponsor carrying out a resident labour market test.