Can I switch to an Intra-company Transfer (ICT) visa?

You can, if you meet the eligibility and suitability requirements of an Intra Company Transfer visa. However, you cannot apply to switch to an ICT visa, if you are currently in the UK on:

  • A visit visa
  • A short-term student visa
  • A parent of a child student visa
  • A seasonal worker visa
  • A domestic worker in a private household visa
  • Immigration bail
  • Or because you were given permission to stay outside the immigration rules, for example on compassionate ground

You must leave the UK and apply for an ICT visa from abroad, if you are in one of these categories.

The UKVI have released some concessions due to the COVID-19 pandemic which may allow you to apply from the UK if you are required to leave the UK and apply for the ICT visa from abroad.

Please contact Latitude Law for more advice on this.