Can family members join me in the UK on a student visa?

Certain family members are eligible to join you in the UK if you are studying in one of the following:

  • a course at level 7 on the Ofqual register or above and this is due to last 9 months or more
  • as a new government-sponsored student on a course that lasts longer than 6 months
  • as a Doctorate Extension Scheme student

Family members that are eligible to join you on a Tier 4 (Study) visa include your partner (if married, in a civil partnership or unmarried partner) and any children under the age of 18.

Related questions…