What if a decision on my application to work in the UK is delayed?

If you have a made a valid in time application in one of the following routes:

  • Skilled Worker visa
  • Health and Care Worker visa
  • Intra-company Transfer visa
  • Temporary Worker visas

You can start work before your visa application has been decided if you’ve been assigned a Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS) before 1 January 2021 and the job you will start is identical to the one listed on your CoS. f your CoS is assigned from 1 January 2021 and you are not applying under the Health and Care visa, you must wait until your visa application has been granted before starting work, unless your current visa allows you to work in that job.

If your application is eventually rejected as invalid or refused your sponsor will stop sponsoring you and you must stop working for them. You should either leave the UK or seek to regularise your immigration status if this happens. Learn more about how we can help you with your UK visa application status.