I wish to marry my fiance(e) but cannot get an appointment with the marriage registrar – what can I do?

If your 6-month leave will expire before you can book an appointment with the marriage registrar, you can apply for a temporary extension until 30 November 2020 by filling in the COVID-19 UK Visas & Immigration form.

In the alternative, the Immigration Rules already include a provision that allows fiance(e) applicants to extend their status if there is a valid reason why they cannot marry.

Note that this is not an ideal solution; extending as a fiance(e) means that the Applicant will continue to have no permission to work in the UK until such time that their leave as a spouse/civil partner is approved. The Applicant also needs to pay to extend their visa, despite the impossibility of getting married in the current circumstances.