I need an English language test but the centres are closed – what can I do?

If outside the UK, you will need to delay your application until such time that you can apply with all the required documents.

For Applicants in the UK who wish to extend their visa, UKVI have indicated that they will not reject applications without an English language test as invalid, meaning that the Applicant’s status in the UK will be protected whilst they arrange an English language test. We await clear guidance to confirm this.

IELTS have confirmed that tests continue to take place in some locations where permitted and safe to do so. A list of centres which remain open can be found on their website.