I have been granted leave on the basis of my family or private life, but my circumstances have changed and I am struggling financially to provide for my family.

If your financial circumstances have changed since being granted permission to stay in the UK, and you are no longer able to provide food or housing for yourself or your family, you can make an application to change your conditions of leave to allow access to public funds.

You must make this application online, and it is recommended that you seek legal advice before doing so. If granted, and you are currently on the 5-year route to settlement, you will be moved on to the 10-year route, and any leave you had previously accumulated will not be counted towards a settlement application.