I have applied for a Student or Child Student Visa (including Tier 4 visas) and are awaiting for a decision on my application. 

You can start your course or studies before your visa application has been decided if: 

  • Your sponsor is a Student sponsor  
  • You have been given a confirmation of acceptance for studies (CAS)  
  • You submitted your application before your current visa expired and show your sponsor evidence of this  
  • The course you start is the same as the one listed on your CAS  
  • You have a valid Academic Technology Approval Scheme (ATAS) certificate, if required.  

If your application is eventually rejected as invalid, or refused, you must stop your course or studies.