I am a victim of Domestic Violence. What should I do?

Important: Victims of domestic violence are exempt from Covid lockdown rules and can travel freely to find safe accommodation and support. 

It may be possible for you to make an application for indefinite leave to remain on the basis that you are a victim of domestic violence (SET(DV)). It may also possible for you to make an application for a  Domestic Violence Concession (DDVC) which is a temporary grant of leave to allow you time to prepare your SET(DV) application fully and have access to public funds during this time.

The Home Office have confirmed that supporting evidence for these applications, which are normally sent by post, can now be sent to livset6enquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk to ensure that applications are continuing to be processed during this period. Applications may still be delayed as UKVCAS centres have only recently reopened and there is the need to provide biometrics with an application. However, we have been informed that some DDVC applications are being processed quickly and without the need for biometrics.

You should take advice on your ability to meet the requirements and the evidence required for this application before submitting to the Home Office.

If you are experiencing domestic abuse and need immediate help, ask for ‘ANI’ in a participating pharmacy. ‘ANI’ stands for Action Needed Immediately but also phonetically sounds like the name Annie. If a pharmacy has the ‘Ask for ANI’ logo on display, it means they’re ready to help. They will offer you a private space, provide a phone and ask if you need support from the police or other domestic abuse support services.