I am a British national living abroad, and I need to apply for a passport to return to the UK, but my country’s visa application centre (VAC) is closed.

If your country‘s VAC is closed, you won’t be able to apply for a British passport until it has re-opened. If you urgently need to travel to the UK, you can apply for an emergency travel document. We are able to provide you with more advice on this, should you require it.