Can I make my visa application from inside the UK?

The previous concession allowing for an in-country switch in relation to family or private life applications is no longer available.

If your visa is expiring before 30 November 2021 and you cannot leave the UK, you can request additional time to stay in the UK, known as ‘exceptional assurance’. This is not a grant of leave, but will permit you to stay in the UK for the additional time until you are able to leave the UK. During the time in which your request for ‘exceptional assurance’ is pending you will continue on the conditions as per your current or most recently expired visa.

If you are unsure about whether you can meet those requirements, speak to one of our team of specialist immigration advisors.