I have travelled through a “red list” country in the past 10 days. What do I need to do?
If you are arriving to England from a red list country, you must do the following before arrival:
- Take a COVID-19 test – children aged 10 and under do not need to take this test.
- Book a quarantine hotel package, including 2 COVID-19 tests.
- Complete a passenger locator form.
- On arrival to England, you must quarantine in a managed hotel, including 2 COVID-19 tests.
The rate for 1 adult in 1 room for 10 days (11 nights) is currently £1,750. The additional rate for another adult (or child over 12) is £650, whilst for children aged 5-12 it is £325. There is also an additional day rate for those who test positive and need to continue isolating. The day rate for the first adult is £152, for an additional adult (or child over 12) it is £41, and for children aged 5-12 it is £12.
If you are required to quarantine in a quarantine hotel you can only arrive in England at certain ports of entry. Currently these are:
- Heathrow Airport
- Gatwick Airport
- London City Airport
- London Biggin Hill Airport
- Birmingham Airport
- Bristol Airport
- Farnborough Airport